HomingPIN may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 24th May 2013.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the act) Homing Pin Limited is also the data controller. Our registered office address is 5 Essex House, 39-41 High Street, Dunmow, Essex, CM6 1AE
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address and mobile phone number
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.homingpin.com (our site) and our site’s associated landing pages. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or any promotions sponsored by any of our affiliates, and when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- We may need to share your contact details with lost luggage departments in airports, with airlines, with carrier partners and other relevant bodies, if appropriate, to ensure delivery of the service
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
What we do with the information we gather
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
We do not share any information about you with the individual finder. For HomingPINs to work we must share your data with various organisations e.g. airlines, airports and companies related to travel and it is a condition of purchase that you agree to that data share. We will only share the information that is needed for your property to be returned to you.
If you agreed when you signed up, from time to time carefully selected 3rd parties will email you offers that we think you may find interesting or useful. If you don't want to receive those any more there will be an option to opt out from all future marketing emails on the message. Additionally you can change your mind at any time about us sharing your information to marketing 3rd parties by logging on to your account and changing your profile.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data rotection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Homing Pin Ltd, 5 Essex House, 39-41 High Street, Dunmow, Essex, CM6 1AE.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.